Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Has Sprung (I think?)









Easter has come and gone in a hurry this year. I made it to the store last minute Saturday evening between a dinner date with some good friends and dropping the kids off at parent's night out. I got the girls some new pajamas and bubbles. I didn't even have a chance to get the traditional chocolate Easter candy. I didn't fret about it like usual because I was thankful I had the chance to put a little something in their basket. I was pleased to see happy, grateful faces in the morning when they found their small surprises. I had more than one parent tell me Sunday morning that their children felt jipped (sp?) because their wasn't enough stuff in their basket. I always loved getting surprises on holidays and will continue that tradition with my children, however I can't help but feel burdened by it at times. We had a simple Easter dinner at Abuelo's and later went to the candy hunt at church. Emily learned the truth about the Easter bunny this year. She was upset but got over when she realized she would still get candy and presents even if there is no bunny.

Today is beautiful and sunny and slightly warm, a little taste of spring! We have had a long winter here in nw arkansas. The girls love to get outside any chance they get. Emily is ready for summer break but is sad that she won't have math to do everyday. I guess I will have to find some good math books for this summer. As soon as I am done with all my lure work, I will post an update on the girls and what's going on in their little lives. Have a wonderful April!

3 comments:

Grandmommy (aka BoPa,aka Lois) said...

Such good pics! My girls are all so beautiful! Love you.

Granddolls' MiMi said...

Wonderful April to you too! The pics are soooo beautiful, but that's only because of the beauties in them!! BTW - maybe your Dadada can suggest (or furnish) some good summer math books>:) luvu bunches, Aunt B

Rachel said...

yeah! glad to see you guys! it had been a while and the girls are growing like weeks, my word! i hope spring comes and stays too! you all look great!