Monday, December 8, 2008

New Year - New Do!

Lauren took this picture of me after I got my haircut. She did a pretty good job! I was a little shocked when she finished drying my hair because there wasn't much left. I was feeling uncertain about it until I picked Emily up from school. She saw me before she got in the van and her little face lit up. She opened the door and said "Mommy! I love it, you look just like me" She then wrapped her arms around my neck and started to cry. That made it well worth it. I have never seen Emily brought to tears by joy, it was pretty cool. I myself have rarely shown joy in that way, it just isn't my nature, but here was my baby girl crying over my haircut. Wow! I am so glad that those were not tears of disappointment :)

6 comments:

Grandmommy (aka BoPa,aka Lois) said...

I absolutely love it! Way to go, girl!

Melody said...

I love the new do. Your blog is super cute!

Melody Winberry

Lane said...

I LOVE it!!! It's super cute! I got mine done today, but Heath laughed when he saw it. Not a good sign!
I need to know how your sister got your header...it's adorable!!

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Looks great. I mailed the money today for the inn. I emailed Uncle Mike about the furniture. He said he would go to Atlanta to get it.

Granddolls' MiMi said...

Beautiful! Good job Lauren did with the pic! Can't wait to see ya'll soon!

Jenni said...

I love your hair, but what I love more is the reaction from Emily. That is just so sweet! She is so tenderhearted. Thanks for sharing!
JEn

p.s look at all the comments, you are so popular.;)